[Healthcare News\Affordable Care Act]
President Obama: “This year, the most current HealthCare.gov customers can find an insurance plan with a monthly premium of $10 or less. And some people may even qualify for tax credits that reduce their monthly premium to zero as long as you get covered by December 15th.”
Photo: Wikimedia Commons
President Barack Obama urges Americans to sign up for healthcare during open enrollment before December 15th in new video.
Today, former President Barack Obama released a video urging Americans to sign up for healthcare through HealthCare.Gov before December 15th.
As Pres. Obama discusses his holiday gift recommendations, he emphasizes the affordability and the importance of signing up for health care.
“But here’s the best one, and this is no joke. Health care for you or somebody you care about. This year, the most current HealthCare.gov customers can find an insurance plan with a monthly premium of $10 or less. And some people may even qualify for tax credits that reduce their monthly premium to zero as long as you get covered by December 15th. So get yourself, your spouse, or your kids covered,” said President Obama in the video.
5 Vital Facts About Signing Up for Coverage at www.HealthCare.gov
(1) Sign up by December 15. Open Enrollment starts on November 1, but you must take action by December 15, no matter if this is your first time getting covered or if you are returning to shop and save.
(2) Coverage could be cheaper than you think. Last year, 9 in 10 people qualified for financial help to make their monthly premiums more affordable. In fact, 2 out of 3 HealthCare.gov customers can find a plan for $10 or less this year.
(3) Shop and save. If you had coverage through HealthCare.gov for 2019, you should come back to update your information and compare your options for 2020. Every year, plans and prices change, you could save money by switching to a new plan that still meets your needs.
(4) Accidents happen: Health insurance protects you from the unexpected. Accidents happen and people get sick.
(5) Free help is available. If you have questions about signing up or want to talk through your options with a trained professional, free help is just a call or quick away. Call 1-800-318-2596, visit localhelp.healthcare.gov or make a one-on-one appointment now.
President Obama’s video can be seen here. https://www.facebook.com/barackobama/videos/2171837566446481/?v=2171837566446481