Job Title: Field Interviewer
Professional part-time work opportunities!
The University of Michigan Survey Research Center (SRC) is part of the nation’s largest academically-based social science and research organization. SRC is seeking part-time field interviewers in Nassau and Suffolk counties NY to work on the Health and Retirement Study (HRS).
• Attend a mandatory 8-day training session in Ann Arbor MI, mid-March
• Have good computer and typing skills using a laptop computer
• Conduct lengthy in-home interviews (some phone) with selected adults
• Work minimum of 30 hours per week including at least 25% during evenings and weekends
• Take physical measurements (such as grip strength) and collect biomarkers (such as dried blood spot collection)
• Commit to work the entire survey period (March-December 2014)
• Work in a variety of neighborhoods including inner city where applicable
• Have reliable transportation to meet the demands of the assignments. (A valid driver’s license and insurance are required when driving.)
• Hourly pay rate for Nassau and Suffolk counties NY is $17.00
• English/Spanish bilingual candidates may receive a higher rate if our bilingual proficiency standards are met.
• Mileage reimbursement for business travel
• Paid technical training on how to conduct field interviews using standardized techniques
• Travel advance and/or expense reimbursement for travel to training in Ann Arbor, MI
Check our website for a full description of the project, job description, and to apply online at: recruit.isr.umich.edu.
Hurry! Must apply online by January 15, 2014
The University of Michigan is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer